Preparing for Baby

12.03.2017
This past year has been a whirlwind. So many changes have happened in the Parker household; we bought our first house and are expecting our first child next month!


Since finding out we were expecting in March life suddenly seems to be flying by so quickly. We are 2 weeks out from my due date and I'm wishing time would slow down just a little. My pregnancy has been wonderful and I've loved all the changes happening to my body. It's seriously amazing! I also find myself freaking out a little at the thought of giving birth and bringing baby home. I've been in full on nesting mode trying to make sure we have everything we need for baby.

Today we packed the diaper bag for the hospital and tomorrow I'll work on my hospital bag.

Here is what we're taking to the hospital for baby:

1. Going home outfit

2. Receiving blanket

3. Soft blanket from my mom

4. One long sleeve onesie

5. One Swaddle Me Swaddle

6. Pacifier

7. Baby book

I'm trying not to go overboard with taking things for baby. The hospital will provide most everything he will need for his first hours of life.

I'm a little more conflicted with what I need to pack in my own bag. Thankfully, we live less than five minutes from the hospital, so if I forget something that I REALLY need my sweet hubby can run home and grab it for me.

Our nursery is all set for baby (pictures coming soon!) and we even rearranged some furniture in our bedroom to make room for the pack n' play where baby will sleep his first few weeks home.

Do you remember that scene at the beginning of Finding Nemo when Marlin's wife is ecstatic over her eggs hatching? That's what it's like in our house every day. The reality of motherhood is slowly sinking in and in a little over two weeks hubs and I will actually be parents! I get excited and remind hubs constantly of this, just in case he has somehow forgotten.

Until next time, xoxo.






No comments:

Post a Comment