My Favorite Part of Pregnancy

12.03.2017
I seriously loved being pregnant. From first finding out and seeing those pink lines on the pregnancy test to struggling to push myself out of the couch with my huge belly. There is something so special about feeling your little one growing inside of you every day.

I'm in this phase of life where it seems as though everyone I know is either pregnant, or just gave birth to a little one. And I love hearing about everyone's pregnancy, because we all experienced something different.

I am very thankful that our pregnancy was low risk and we were just able to enjoy seeing my belly grow each week. It was also SUCH an easy pregnancy, I'll be excited to go through it again with baby number 2! (but not for while!)

My first trimester was probably the most difficult part of my entire pregnancy. I would feel fantastic all day, until around 5, and then I would get incredibly nauseous. I hated eating dinner because I felt so sick to my stomach. Meat grossed me out, and still does. I'm hoping that will end when baby is finally born. I only got sick once though, and it was after a flight and long car ride, so it could have been attributed to motion sickness. Once I hit the second trimester I was feeling great. School was out for summer too, so that could have had something to do with it.


I feel as though I didn't really POP until around 34 weeks. That was when I noticed my belly was getting in the way of literally everything and I was having a harder and harder time maneuvering around my classroom and house.

Now, at almost 38 weeks, everything feels incredibly difficult. My students giggle as I scoot around in my rolling chair while they work, but my feet are just SO sore. I'm still enjoying being pregnant, but the excitement of meeting our son is overwhelming.


The BEST part of being pregnant (in my opinion) has been developing a bond with my son in the womb. I love laying on the couch and "playing" with him: as he pushes his tiny feet out, I like to push back with my fingers. I'll talk to him whenever I gently push on his feet and I like to think he recognizes my touch as well as my voice. I will definitely miss those moments when it was just me and him when he's born.

Also, those crazy looking baby faces are from our 4D ultrasound! Such a fun experience. If you're able to get one of these done, I would highly suggest doing it! It was definitely worth the money!

Until next time, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment