Baby Nursery

12.04.2017
I spent so much time browsing Pinterest looking for the perfect nursery theme for baby boy. Even before we knew what we were having I was gathering ideas for what his or her room would look like.


Once we found out we were having a boy, hubs and I sat down together to look at nursery ideas and decide on a theme together. His grandparents graciously offered to purchase nursery furniture for us, so we started there. We settled on gray furniture that we could use with baby number two when the time came.

This was where hubs and I were a house divided. He wanted a superhero themed room and I wanted an elephant themed room. We compromised and painted his room bright colors to eventually go with a superhero theme and I registered for all things elephants for when he's still tiny.

We hit up Lowe's and bought a bright blue and bright yellow paint and got right to work painting baby's room. We thought the two colors would be a lot of fun and add character to his nursery. To pull the room together we added white trim all around the room. Picking out the trim and putting it up took the longest. We kept putting it off because we couldn't find a style that wouldn't break the bank.


We finally found a plain white style that was relatively cheap, and it pulled the whole room together and made it really look complete.

After all that it was just a matter of organization and hanging decorations. We still have a couple of pieces to hang, but besides that his room is totally ready for his arrival. He'll be spending his first few weeks home in our room, so even if we need to make changes to his room it won't be like he was really using it anyways.


I really had to learn to let go of some control when it came to organizing his room. I needed to realize that I wasn't the only one who would be using it and it needed to work for both me and my husband. The space is super tiny so we were really limited on how we could arrange the room. For me, it was important that the glider be able to move freely for late night feedings. For hubs, it was creating as much space as possible while still having access to everything we needed.

I'm so happy with how the nursery turned out. It's completely perfect for little man and he'll continue to grow into it as the years go on.


No comments:

Post a Comment