Baby Update: 8 & 9 Months

9.13.2018
I put off Peter's 8 month blog post update because we were in the middle of going back to school and figuring out a brand new schedule. Now, we are 5 days away from Peter turning 9 months old, so I thought I would post both updates at once.


Peter is a crawling CHAMP! He's constantly on the move, both at home and at daycare. He's not a huge fan of the baby gates we've put up to block his access to the kitchen and hallway, but he otherwise loves having our big living room to roam. He's most recently began letting go of furniture and hovering for a few seconds before plopping to the ground. Both my husband and I walked at 9 months, so I imagine Peter isn't too far off.


We began baby-led weaning around 7 months and now Peter is eating everything we eat, with the exception of cows milk, honey, and fast food or processed food. Baby-led weaning has seriously made our lives so much easier. No more fighting with the spoon to get Peter to eat, no making separate meals for him. He eats what we eat and feeds himself, which helps to develop fine motor skills! It's seriously the best.


Peter's first tooth finally broke through this month! He had been teething for weeks, and it broke this momma's heart to see him in so much discomfort. I had no idea babies could have so many different symptoms while teething. I'm glad we got through that first tooth, and I'm hopeful the next ones won't be so bad.

We are so looking forward to fall and getting to take Peter to all our favorite local festivals and share our adventures! 


No comments:

Post a Comment